1. The annually recurring date of a past event, especially one of historical, national, or personal importance: a wedding anniversary; the anniversary of the founding of Rome.
2. A celebration commemorating such a date.
Sigh. In light of that, here are some things I am grateful for:
1. I can get away with Manic Panic hair at work (two parts “flaming” + one part “vampire red”).
2. The entire yard is now mowed and raked and relatively pretty. And this time next year, it will be mostly gardens anyway, so there will be less mowing to do.
3. Carrie had mercy on me and gave me a couple more days to finish my column.
4. Our cats are all well at the moment.
5. I got my new voter registration card in the mail.
I plan to take election day off. If you or any one you know is considering not voting because they can’t get to the polls, let me know. I’ll drive around all day if I have to.