2. I will respond by asking you five personal questions so I can get to know you better.
3. Update your LJ with the answers to the questions.
4. Include this explanation and offer to ask someone else in your own post.
5. When others respond with a desultory comment, you will ask them five questions.
My answers to joan_arkham's questions are under the cut...
1. Do you remember the first time we met?
Aww, jeez, I'm so bad at this! I haven't got much of a linear memory. But I think it might have been at Cambodia. Or was it DCAC?
2. How does your garden grow?
Coupla weeks ago when we had a bit of rain, everything exploded and looked lovely. Now? Lush and verdant as a desert. It's funny how quickly thinks get brown and stops producing much when things it's so hot and dry. And I water pretty much daily!
I got some pictures when things were at their peak. I'll try to post those soon.
3. What one herb/spice could you not live without?
One??? I have a fairly long list of herbs and spices I can't live without (which is why I grow many, and save the seeds in the event of an apocalypse) but if I must choose one, I will go with red pepper, because a good red pepper imparts both flavor and heat.
4. What is your favorite cheese?
You ask tough questions. I don't believe I've ever met a cheese I didn't like. It's the Wisconsin genes. I think I'll go with that cave-aged gouda that I get at Whole Foods. It's nutty and slightly musky, and is the absolutely the food of the gods!
5. What would your hair look like if you didn't have to worry about a day job?
I'd find someone who would cut it close enough on the sides without butchering the front, and then I would dye it, from roots to tips, with Vampire Red, then Flame, then Mandarin. Deb did that for me once, and it actually looked like fire! It made me so happy.