We bought a nice wreath for our door yesterday, and I am feeling Yuleish. I figure it's time to post the Holiday Wish Meme, because I had so much fun with it last year. Please do the same! It doesn't work if a bunch of you folks don't hop on the bandwagon.
And, if it happens that you've already done it, could you give me a link to your list in comments? Danke.
Here's the procedure:
Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ, which contains your list of holiday wishes The wishes can be anything at all, from simple ("I'd love a Mal/Inara icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
If you wish for real life things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you. Make sure you post some version of these guidlines along with your list.
Then, surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
- An effectual Democratic Congress. One that doesn't form firing squads in a circle, doesn't knuckle under to pressure to prove that it's really very moderate, and that gives the lie, once and for all, to the (I still believe) erroneous notion that both parties are equally corrupt.
Stop laughing! I don't laugh at your dreams. Honestly, if I could have this, everything else would be frosting.
- A secondary source of income, so that massage isn't the only thing I do. Ideally it would be some sort of freelance gig that I could do from home, but a part time job with very flexible hours, would be good too. It wouldn't have to make much money, but it'd be nice if it could bring at least $100 a week or so.
- A meditation teacher, or group, or some kind of context in which I can get help with my sitting practice.
- Advice about how to handle our messed up basement and crumbling retaining wall beside the basement stairs. We are happy to do our own grunt work, but we're not sure how to proceed.
- A super snugly, soft scarf to help me hate winter cold less
- Mix CDs of beautiful, low-key ambient music I could possibly use in massage sessions
- BPAL imps or other nice smelling things, or fun bath and toiletry type items. Calorie free indulgences for my senses, I mean.
- Your suggestions for good winter reading or viewing (books, movies, TV shows, etc) that would be funny or uplifting or in some way pleasant. I need to keep my spirits up until spring.
Now it's your turn!